9/27/10

spoooooky ideas

This haunted house is a cardboard house from Hobby Lobby. (they have them year-round on the cardboard/wood aisle).  It was 3.99 then half off. I spray painted it black and sanded the edges and windows. I then stretched a small piece of cob web over the house to make it even spookier. The lid opens so I put purple halloween lights inside and cut a little hole in the back for the cord to come through.  

I found this little cauldron at Ross. I filled it up with 'tricks' such as vampire teeth, bugs, spiders and cob webs. Even if you don't have a cauldron that says TRICKS, you could use vinyl letters.

Using Blackboard paint, I spraypainted a pumpkin black. With chalk you can change the faces and write messages on the pumpkin. How fun is that?
This is a simple accordian decoration made using three pieces of heavy cardstock. I covered them with scrapbook paper and connected the three with ribbon. EEK!
Three wreath ideas
1- Use a string of skeletons from the dollar store, and wrap around a wreath for added spookiness.
2- Use a wire of pumpkins from the dollar store to wrap around a wreath.
3- Hang wooden letters over the front of a wreath.
The possibilities are endless... just keep your eyes and mind open when you are at the dollar store.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment